Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Disappearing comment box

When I try to add a comment to an existing Word document sent to me by someone else while I am using "Track Changes," the first comments worked with no issues, however several pages into the document, when I would try to add a comment, the box would disappear within seconds after I added it. I'm using MacOS Veranda 13.5. Please help.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 12:52 AM

All you can do with a Word document that someone sends to you is open it in Pages, where it is translated into Pages (.pages) document format. The original Word document sent to you remains unchanged and uneditable by Pages. You are using macOS Ventura 13.5 and hopefully, Pages v13.1. You would then need to undergo another translation to export the Pages content back to a Word document.

Accidentally clicking Reject in the Comment box, or its counterpart, the red x⃝ on the comment toolbar instead of Accept in the Comment box, or its green ✓⃝ symbology on the comment toolbar — would dismiss the Comment box.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 12:52 AM in response to EWPotts

All you can do with a Word document that someone sends to you is open it in Pages, where it is translated into Pages (.pages) document format. The original Word document sent to you remains unchanged and uneditable by Pages. You are using macOS Ventura 13.5 and hopefully, Pages v13.1. You would then need to undergo another translation to export the Pages content back to a Word document.

Accidentally clicking Reject in the Comment box, or its counterpart, the red x⃝ on the comment toolbar instead of Accept in the Comment box, or its green ✓⃝ symbology on the comment toolbar — would dismiss the Comment box.

Disappearing comment box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.