I put money into Apple ID can I put it back on Apple Pay

I added money to Apple ID and now I can’t use it to pay for purchases because I can’t add it as a payment method

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 1:05 AM

No it is not possible, see -> Check your Apple Account balance

Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to ⤵️

If you have an Apple Account balance that you can’t use

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows the refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support to request a refund

When you contact Apple, include the following information:

•               Your Apple ID.

•               The refund amount.

•               Your current delivery address.

-----

I can’t use it to pay for purchases because I can’t add it as a payment method

You need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, see -> Related Article: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 1:05 AM in response to Nef1013

No it is not possible, see -> Check your Apple Account balance

Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to ⤵️

If you have an Apple Account balance that you can’t use

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows the refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support to request a refund

When you contact Apple, include the following information:

•               Your Apple ID.

•               The refund amount.

•               Your current delivery address.

-----

I can’t use it to pay for purchases because I can’t add it as a payment method

You need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, see -> Related Article: If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.