Multiple Apple TV Bose on same network

I have a forth generation tv box that is connected to the network by cable and airplay works fine.

I have a third generation box in my bedroom that connects to the network by wifi. Although it will access the few remaining apps that work, Amazon Prime and Apple mainly, it will not allow air play from my phone so is not much use. However if I reposition the third generation box to the room where is connected to the network by cable it does allow airplay.

any ideas anyone?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 10:17 AM

When you say 'it will not allow...' please elaborate.

This could be that the bedroom AppleTV doesn't appear in the list of available AirPlay devices on your phone,

or if could be that you can select the bedroom AppleTV but no audio plays.

or it could be that you can select the bedroom AppleTV, but it gives some kind of error message when you try

All of these have different causes and potential paths to resolution.

At a high level I'd think it's something to do with your network topology, but knowing the symptoms is a necessary first step.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 10:17 AM in response to DickAmey

When you say 'it will not allow...' please elaborate.

This could be that the bedroom AppleTV doesn't appear in the list of available AirPlay devices on your phone,

or if could be that you can select the bedroom AppleTV but no audio plays.

or it could be that you can select the bedroom AppleTV, but it gives some kind of error message when you try

All of these have different causes and potential paths to resolution.

At a high level I'd think it's something to do with your network topology, but knowing the symptoms is a necessary first step.

Aug 4, 2023 8:18 AM in response to DickAmey

You can use the Amazon Prime server pushed channel and the Apple TV server pushed channel available directly on the Apple TV 3rd generation instead of trying to Airplay.

Beyond that, what exactly happens when you try to Airplay?

Does the TV not appear as an airplay location on the iPhone?

Is the iPhone connected to the same Wi-fi network as the Apple TV in the bedroom?

Is your router separating the networks for 2.4GHz and 5Ghz?

Multiple Apple TV Bose on same network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.