Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Macbook pro 13-inch, M1, 2020. "Top" Usb-c port failure

So, basically, in the past few days, I've noticed that my top usb-c port has been having issues and works intermittently. It started just with the charger stopping for a second and then going back on. Today I've noticed it's much worse. When I plugged one of my external hard drives into the port it would disconnect randomly. The issue happens when the cable is moved in the slightest and now this top port ONLY charges when the cable is pulled upwards so the part in the port bends.

I have tried other chargers to check if maybe it was my charger that was the issue but the same problem arises. My other USB C port however works perfectly fine and I really don't know what to do or if I should take it to be serviced because of this.

(just tried the port again and it just stopped working entirely)

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 5:53 PM

Sounds like a hardware issue with that USB-C port. You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook pro 13-inch, M1, 2020. "Top" Usb-c port failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.