📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook pro 2020 (A2251) charger connecting & disconnecting rapidly.

My MacBook pro 13 2020 ( Model A2251) rapidly connect & disconnect charger on the left first usb C port , Other ports works fine & the left first port is also working with other accessories like HDD mouse etc but don't charge just connect & disconnect. After that I restarted the laptop & now no port is charging the MacBook. I have tested the adapter & cable these are fine. & The Ports are also working with other devices just not charging.

Kindly give me a solution!

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 3:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 7:37 AM

pranto176 wrote:

My MacBook pro 13 2020 ( Model A2251) rapidly connect & disconnect charger on the left first usb C port , Other ports works fine & the left first port is also working with other accessories like HDD mouse etc but don't charge just connect & disconnect. After that I restarted the laptop & now no port is charging the MacBook. I have tested the adapter & cable these are fine. & The Ports are also working with other devices just not charging.

I would use what works.

Intel mac—Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2022 7:37 AM in response to pranto176

pranto176 wrote:

I would use what works.

Intel mac—Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

MacBook pro 2020 (A2251) charger connecting & disconnecting rapidly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.