Identity theft using iCloud

What can I do if a hacker makes an email account similar to mine? An email address has been created 2 characters off from my own to hack my Spotify account. What can I do to stop this identity theft?

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 10:16 AM

With Apple the email address has to exactly match the one Apple has on record. In addition somebody would have to know your password to get into your account (plus other information such as having a trusted device or number), so even if an email provider was sloppy and re-issued an old email account of yours, a person still couldn't get into your account.

As for Spotify's security, you will have to ask them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 10:16 AM in response to rkonuch

With Apple the email address has to exactly match the one Apple has on record. In addition somebody would have to know your password to get into your account (plus other information such as having a trusted device or number), so even if an email provider was sloppy and re-issued an old email account of yours, a person still couldn't get into your account.

As for Spotify's security, you will have to ask them.

Identity theft using iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.