I have family sharing but my son is being charged for Amazon music when I pay for it. Why is that?

I feel like I’m being double charged for things. Or subscriptions that cover the same things

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 3:31 PM

if you're only seeing this on a card statement, check you haven't subscribed to the same service twice, once through Apple and a second time directly with the service provider. E.g., Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC - Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC - Apple Support - "Make sure to join Apple Music through either Apple or your mobile phone service provider, so that you're not charged by both."

Click on this link to read what to do "If you see ‘itunes.com/bill‘ or an unfamiliar charge on your bank, credit card, or debit statement" --> If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support Note, if you are a Family Sharing organizer, purchases or subscriptions made by another family member may be charged to your card but will not appear under your purchase history or subscriptions. Ask family members about those or check the email receipts Apple sends you for any purchase charged to your Apple Account.

If you need further assistance contact Apple; start here --> Billing & Subscriptions --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?PGF=PGF63006

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 3:31 PM in response to Momof2boyshelp

if you're only seeing this on a card statement, check you haven't subscribed to the same service twice, once through Apple and a second time directly with the service provider. E.g., Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC - Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC - Apple Support - "Make sure to join Apple Music through either Apple or your mobile phone service provider, so that you're not charged by both."

Click on this link to read what to do "If you see ‘itunes.com/bill‘ or an unfamiliar charge on your bank, credit card, or debit statement" --> If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support Note, if you are a Family Sharing organizer, purchases or subscriptions made by another family member may be charged to your card but will not appear under your purchase history or subscriptions. Ask family members about those or check the email receipts Apple sends you for any purchase charged to your Apple Account.

If you need further assistance contact Apple; start here --> Billing & Subscriptions --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?PGF=PGF63006

I have family sharing but my son is being charged for Amazon music when I pay for it. Why is that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.