Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Warning from "Apple" about my iPhone being hacked.

I was researching jewellery and went on to a web page this then instantly took me to a adult site (ffs) I tried going back ect but it came up with warning from Apple and my phones been hacked, please help as it’s clearly not what I was looking for but where it sent me, what should I do? I’m worried about my data ect, I didn’t look a the web site and instantly tried going back but it kept popping up!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 2:00 AM

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful you are in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password, etc with your friends and family members.

Be judicious when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

If you don't reckon what is said above is true then you have two options...

1. Report the hacking incident that you are facing to the local law enforcement authorities and follow it up
  2. Believe it, it can't be hacked. There are people who still believe that the earth is flat and also some believe no one has ever landed on the moon. What can anyone do about that? This is a free world you can believe in anything, the choice is yours.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 2:00 AM in response to MUSTARDGIRL84

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful you are in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password, etc with your friends and family members.

Be judicious when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

If you don't reckon what is said above is true then you have two options...

1. Report the hacking incident that you are facing to the local law enforcement authorities and follow it up
  2. Believe it, it can't be hacked. There are people who still believe that the earth is flat and also some believe no one has ever landed on the moon. What can anyone do about that? This is a free world you can believe in anything, the choice is yours.

Aug 5, 2023 5:18 AM in response to MUSTARDGIRL84

MUSTARDGIRL84 wrote:

Just really messed up, can look and research and can take you to that sort of material, I didn’t need to see that at all!

What's your question? You already wrote "Apple" with quotes, so you knew the site was fake. While the sites you stumbled upon may be disagreeable, they were probably more honest and truthful than most internet web sites.

Warning from "Apple" about my iPhone being hacked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.