Virus from downloading

I wa downloading a yt video through a copy paste site and when i clicked download it redirected me to another site which isn’t unusual but immediately after i was redirected to the site it also redirected me to appstore to an app which i forgot the name but i think it was some sort of vpn app. Is there any risk of virus or stealing personal information from being redirected to appstore since im logged in with my apple id there?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 3:20 AM

Such messages are scams presented by criminals. Close the offending page and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics. The redirect will not affect your device, but do expect to see more of such activity when trying to obtain “free” content on the internet.

Phony "tech support" / "ransomware" popup… - Apple Community

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 3:20 AM in response to isbanned111

Such messages are scams presented by criminals. Close the offending page and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics. The redirect will not affect your device, but do expect to see more of such activity when trying to obtain “free” content on the internet.

Phony "tech support" / "ransomware" popup… - Apple Community

Virus from downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.