Is there anyway to alphabetically organize the addresses in “BOOKMARK” in Safari?

Is there anyway to alphabetically organize the addresses in “BOOKMARK” in Safari? If, anyone knows the answer please let me know. Beside using the "EDIT" function that will allow the addresses to be dragged and dropped individually in an alphabetical order. Tks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 3:25 PM

Hi Rustydog10,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "alphabetically organize the addresses in “BOOKMARK” in Safari : mac OS 12.6)

Apple support has an article online (link below) to help us with this task:

How to: Sort, alphabetize, or rearrange bookmarks in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Eg: says:

"To sort bookmarks in a bookmarks folder,

Control-click the folder in the sidebar,

then choose Sort By > Name or Sort By > Address. Address is the website URL".

All the best :-)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 3:25 PM in response to Rustydog10

Hi Rustydog10,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "alphabetically organize the addresses in “BOOKMARK” in Safari : mac OS 12.6)

Apple support has an article online (link below) to help us with this task:

How to: Sort, alphabetize, or rearrange bookmarks in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Eg: says:

"To sort bookmarks in a bookmarks folder,

Control-click the folder in the sidebar,

then choose Sort By > Name or Sort By > Address. Address is the website URL".

All the best :-)

Aug 12, 2023 5:19 PM in response to brbo

I have followed your instructions to the letter and even confirmed them with the address you included. I go to the sidebar open it to Bookmarks select one Control>Click>gives me options to do everything other than organize the bookmarks. Sort By never shows up. What am I doing wrong, by the way I am using Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1.

Is there anyway to alphabetically organize the addresses in “BOOKMARK” in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.