Any way to turn off or change the horrible charging sound without the mute switch?

no way to turn off the horrible loud bong charging sound without hitting the mute switch. But turning on mute disbles siri speaking out loud and phone calls. Any solution to at least change the annoying charging sound to something different?

Of course all Apple has to do is offer a few different sound selections.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2024 9:30 PM

+1. If you connect to a charger while connected to a Bluetooth speaker the “bong” noise comes through the speaker. Annoying. A visual cue that you’re charging is enough. This should be in accessibility settings to choose if you want a non-visual cue that your phone just attached to a charger.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2024 9:30 PM in response to raspberryaddiction

+1. If you connect to a charger while connected to a Bluetooth speaker the “bong” noise comes through the speaker. Annoying. A visual cue that you’re charging is enough. This should be in accessibility settings to choose if you want a non-visual cue that your phone just attached to a charger.

Aug 5, 2023 9:01 AM in response to raspberryaddiction

Note that in iOS 14 and later, it is possible to set up an additional charging sound using Shortcuts. If by chance, you (or someone else who uses the phone) have created a Shortcut that plays a horrible sound in addition to the default one, you could undo that customization.

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-customize-the-charging-sound-on-iphone/

Jun 4, 2024 10:50 PM in response to raspberryaddiction

I live in a place where the electricity often goes out, usually just a few seconds. If it comes back on while my phone is charging there is a sound that plays. If that is in the middle of the night it wakes me up. Sometimes several times a night. This is unacceptable!

Ringtone volume does not affect it.

I have no battery shortcuts installed.

If the phone is in silent mode, what else will not be heard?

Any way to turn off or change the horrible charging sound without the mute switch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.