Hundreds of songs missing from Smart Playlist

I have created a smart playlist that includes the following rules: Genre contains Pop, Genre contains Ballad - Pop, rating is greater than 3 stars. I recently noticed that there are a lot of songs that fit this criteria, but are not in the playlist. I have checked the songs included to see what might be different and there is nothing. The information is exactly the same. I even deleted the list and created a new list which yielded the same result. The main reason I'm so meticulous about classifying all my songs is so that I can use this feature, so this is very frustrating.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 1:38 PM

Jean,

When a smart playlist is unexpectedly huge or unexpectedly small, the problem is usually a misuse of "match all" and "match any." If I correctly understand your requirements, the following rules should do it. Pls try it and let us know.

Edit added: Just noticed, the Rating rule should have 3 stars not 4.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 1:38 PM in response to JeanR62

Jean,

When a smart playlist is unexpectedly huge or unexpectedly small, the problem is usually a misuse of "match all" and "match any." If I correctly understand your requirements, the following rules should do it. Pls try it and let us know.

Edit added: Just noticed, the Rating rule should have 3 stars not 4.

Hundreds of songs missing from Smart Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.