Forgot iTunes encrypted backup password.

Encrypt Backup of my iPhone 12 pro max on a PC with windows and I completely forgot my backup password. Is somebody aware of any tool that recovers the backup password, that really works. I already tried couple tools without success. Thank you.

I really need to recover all my family pictures.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 5:48 PM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2023 4:58 AM in response to oscrodcoll

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community. In particular:

If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated. See About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Aug 5, 2023 6:18 PM in response to oscrodcoll

oscrodcoll wrote:

Encrypt Backup of my iPhone 12 pro max on a PC with windows and I completely forgot my backup password. Is somebody aware of any tool that recovers the backup password, that really works. I already tried couple tools without success. Thank you.

I really need to recover all my family pictures.

the tool would be where you wrote down your password and kept it in a safe place in case you forget, that is it.

IF you don't know the password, then you can't access the backup.

Forgot iTunes encrypted backup password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.