Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Apple Music not letting me download songs or add songs to my playlist

my apple music is paid for but is not letting me download songs and add songs to my playlist

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 11:20 PM

System Status · Check if all services are operating normally. 

Support - System Status - Apple

If yes, your device is probably not connected to the internet. There are a few steps you can take to verify the connectivity of your device.

Firstly, you can open a web browser on your device. When you open a web browser, the initial page that loads is typically based on your browsing history or cookies. To further confirm the connection, you can tap on any link on that website. If the link opens and displays the corresponding content, it confirms that your device is indeed connected to the internet.

Another method to check internet connectivity is by opening a specific application that requires an internet connection. WhatsApp is an example of such an application. When you launch WhatsApp, it immediately attempts to establish a connection with its servers to synchronize your chats and display any new messages. If you can see your chat conversations and receive real-time updates, it indicates that your device is connected to the internet.

Connecting to Wi-Fi is the initial step, followed by establishing an internet connection.

However, it's important to note that connecting to Wi-Fi does not automatically guarantee an internet connection. In the event that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, the issue may stem from settings on your iPhone or the router/modem.

On the other hand, if you are unable to establish an internet connection despite being connected to Wi-Fi, the problem is likely related to the settings on your router/modem. In such cases, it is advisable to promptly contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency that issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency that provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 11:20 PM in response to valerye32

System Status · Check if all services are operating normally. 

Support - System Status - Apple

If yes, your device is probably not connected to the internet. There are a few steps you can take to verify the connectivity of your device.

Firstly, you can open a web browser on your device. When you open a web browser, the initial page that loads is typically based on your browsing history or cookies. To further confirm the connection, you can tap on any link on that website. If the link opens and displays the corresponding content, it confirms that your device is indeed connected to the internet.

Another method to check internet connectivity is by opening a specific application that requires an internet connection. WhatsApp is an example of such an application. When you launch WhatsApp, it immediately attempts to establish a connection with its servers to synchronize your chats and display any new messages. If you can see your chat conversations and receive real-time updates, it indicates that your device is connected to the internet.

Connecting to Wi-Fi is the initial step, followed by establishing an internet connection.

However, it's important to note that connecting to Wi-Fi does not automatically guarantee an internet connection. In the event that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, the issue may stem from settings on your iPhone or the router/modem.

On the other hand, if you are unable to establish an internet connection despite being connected to Wi-Fi, the problem is likely related to the settings on your router/modem. In such cases, it is advisable to promptly contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency that issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency that provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Apple Music not letting me download songs or add songs to my playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.