How can I access music videos I’ve downloaded on my Apple app on my TV?

I have the Apple TV app on my Smart TV. I can play/watch all of my purchased content on TV, but I don’t see an option to play my music videos on TV. Right now I can only watch them on my IPad and IPhone.

QBQ80_ML,

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 9:20 PM

Music videos are available in the Apple Music app, not the Apple TV app, for subscribers to the Apple Music streaming service. You may need to download/install that app, if it isn’t pre-installed. The Apple Music app is for music related content accessible online through your Apple ID account. This includes Apple Music subscription, iTunes Match subscription and iTunes Store music purchases.

Downloaded content on Mac or PC is not available on your smart TV. ‘Home Sharing’ requires the Apple TV box.

Downloaded content on iPad or iPhone is not available on your smart TV, but you can use AirPlay to stream from mobile to the TV.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 9:20 PM in response to AppleVideo

Music videos are available in the Apple Music app, not the Apple TV app, for subscribers to the Apple Music streaming service. You may need to download/install that app, if it isn’t pre-installed. The Apple Music app is for music related content accessible online through your Apple ID account. This includes Apple Music subscription, iTunes Match subscription and iTunes Store music purchases.

Downloaded content on Mac or PC is not available on your smart TV. ‘Home Sharing’ requires the Apple TV box.

Downloaded content on iPad or iPhone is not available on your smart TV, but you can use AirPlay to stream from mobile to the TV.

How can I access music videos I’ve downloaded on my Apple app on my TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.