Airpod pro right ear static

Today i was at work and i decided to help by doing some dishes. I did the dishes with no issues, but only had one airpod in, my right one. After work i decided to listen to music, and put both airpods in, meaning that transparency mode was on. Suddenly, my right airpod played this absurdly loud tv static. I disconnected it, reconnected it, everything. Then i tried putting it into noise cancellation, and there’s no static. Every time i go into transparency it doesn’t start immediately, and then starts after a few seconds and doesn’t stop. I don’t know how this could be, because it’s not immediate but it’s consistent, and it’s not in noise cancellation or on “off” mode, only happens on transparency.

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 9:00 AM

I have the same problem. I tried the hard reset and the static is still there in Transparency and Noise Cancelling mode. It is only the right airpod pro, not the left.

7 replies

Aug 6, 2023 5:41 PM in response to zachariahaha

Hey zachariahaha,

You did a great job going through the steps to reconnect your AirPods. This time, let's try resetting your AirPods, by following the steps below:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].

* If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
* If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 

5. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
6. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*
AirPods charging cases
7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards.

Jun 14, 2024 2:30 PM in response to GmFreeek777

Exactly the same for me except it’s the left AirPod. I did the hard reset. First few times I put it in I got static for a few seconds then it stopped. Third or fourth time the static was back and didn’t go away. Only in Transparency mode as others have noted. If no further suggestions here I will go to the Genius Bar and see what they say.

Update: I took mine to the Genius Bar. They ran diagnostics; both units failed. Nothing they can do other than sell me replacement individual AirPods or (what they recommended) a whole new unit.

Airpod pro right ear static

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.