pdf documents print green

When printing any pdf document (either in Preview or Adobe Reader), the colors print incorrectly on my Epson WF-3520(i.e., black typeface prints as green, dark blue signatures and notary stamps print as sky blue, etc.). This happens both on my intel 27" iMac and M1 MacBook Air - both of which are running OS 13.5 All software, including the Epson print drivers, are up-to date. I've tried every color option when printing a pdf, cleaned the heads and installed new ink cartridges on the printer, run Disk Utility and Onyx on both computers, but nothing has resolved the pdf printing problem. However, if I convert the document to Word (which unfortunately messes up the document's formatting), the colors print correctly. Any ideas how to resolve the issue?

iMac 27″ 5K, 13.5

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 6:05 AM

g_e_lewis wrote:

When printing any pdf document (either in Preview or Adobe Reader), the colors print incorrectly on my Epson WF-3520(i.e., black typeface prints as green, dark blue signatures and notary stamps print as sky blue, etc.).

This happens both on my intel 27" iMac and M1 MacBook Air - both of which are running OS 13.5 All software, including the Epson print drivers, are up-to date.

I've tried every color option when printing a pdf, cleaned the heads and installed new ink cartridges on the printer, run Disk Utility and Onyx on both computers, but nothing has resolved the pdf printing problem.

However, if I convert the document to Word (which unfortunately messes up the document's formatting), the colors print correctly. Any ideas how to resolve the issue?

old issue, new issue, what changed?

I would try printing from a different printer and compare your results...this would be telling

if it is a printer issue, a document issue, or macOS issue.

ref: Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF Support

https://www.epson.eu/en_EU/support

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 6:05 AM in response to g_e_lewis

g_e_lewis wrote:

When printing any pdf document (either in Preview or Adobe Reader), the colors print incorrectly on my Epson WF-3520(i.e., black typeface prints as green, dark blue signatures and notary stamps print as sky blue, etc.).

This happens both on my intel 27" iMac and M1 MacBook Air - both of which are running OS 13.5 All software, including the Epson print drivers, are up-to date.

I've tried every color option when printing a pdf, cleaned the heads and installed new ink cartridges on the printer, run Disk Utility and Onyx on both computers, but nothing has resolved the pdf printing problem.

However, if I convert the document to Word (which unfortunately messes up the document's formatting), the colors print correctly. Any ideas how to resolve the issue?

old issue, new issue, what changed?

I would try printing from a different printer and compare your results...this would be telling

if it is a printer issue, a document issue, or macOS issue.

ref: Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF Support

https://www.epson.eu/en_EU/support

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5

Aug 6, 2023 2:27 PM in response to g_e_lewis

Have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac?

Download and run Etrecheck. Be sure to give it Full Disk access before running.

Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to paste the report in your reply.

Then we can evaluate the report to see if we can determine the cause of the problem.

Aug 6, 2023 11:52 AM in response to leroydouglas

Unfortunately this is the only printer available, as I work from home. I've discovered that only documents that are scanned from the Epson print incorrectly. That is, documents downloaded from the internet and those saved as pdf through the Apple print dialogue all print correctly. I'm using VueScan to scan documents, so my guess is there is something going on with that application. I've sent in a support request to VueScan, hopefully they'll contact me tomorrow.

pdf documents print green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.