Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

USB Cord Charging in UK

Do I have to take the "cube" with me from the US to the UK, or may I just plug the USB C cord into a travel plug adapter. The adapter is not a voltage converter--just a plug adapter. The Apple "cube" is dual voltage, but I'm trying to not take the "cube" and only use a plug adapter that has several USB slots with a UK plug, but does NOT convert voltage. I keep reading that the "cube" is dual voltage, but I'm wondering if the phone/iPad themselves are dual voltage and can be plugged into the UK adapter. Thank you.

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 8:07 AM

You can plug the USB C cord into a travel plug adapter......assuming that the travel plug adapter has a USB port. Some do, and some don't.

If you will be staying at a hotel, most hotels have USB ports built into the nightstand lamps which you can use to charge the phone

Otherwise, you can connect the iPhone / iPad to any USB power supply or port.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 8:07 AM in response to Dalwhinnie23

You can plug the USB C cord into a travel plug adapter......assuming that the travel plug adapter has a USB port. Some do, and some don't.

If you will be staying at a hotel, most hotels have USB ports built into the nightstand lamps which you can use to charge the phone

Otherwise, you can connect the iPhone / iPad to any USB power supply or port.

USB Cord Charging in UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.