Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

popup on iMac desktop from Mcafee need removal

Every 10 minutes or so I get a popup in the right upper corner of my MacBook Air asking me to click for the McAfee antivirus. I know you're not suppose to click on it. But I did. I thought our Macs were anti-virus proof. I used to re-boot my Mac and its gone.

Not with this annoying thing.... HELP

Note: this is not on safari. It is on my desktop...

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 9:20 AM

A site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 9:20 AM in response to dalesocha

A site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

popup on iMac desktop from Mcafee need removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.