Can I have 2 iCloud accounts on one phone

Can I log out with one ID and log back on with a different id connected to my phone. Trying to see if I log out with iCloud then log back in with Apple ID does anything change

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 6:34 PM

An iPhone can only have one Apple ID signed into it at any one time. Switching between IDs is not very easy or else there may be mixing of data. If you sign out of one ID and sign in with another you will be asked if you wish to retain data from the previous account. If you say yes, there will be mixing of data from the old account on the phone into the new account (but not vice versa). iPhones are really only designed for use by one user unless you decide to give it to another person for long-term use. In that case, read What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 6:34 PM in response to alph178

An iPhone can only have one Apple ID signed into it at any one time. Switching between IDs is not very easy or else there may be mixing of data. If you sign out of one ID and sign in with another you will be asked if you wish to retain data from the previous account. If you say yes, there will be mixing of data from the old account on the phone into the new account (but not vice versa). iPhones are really only designed for use by one user unless you decide to give it to another person for long-term use. In that case, read What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Can I have 2 iCloud accounts on one phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.