Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

wifi greyed out on iphone 8 plus

It used to work perfectly fine, but randomly the wifi button became greyed out, i've tried alot of different things to fix it and it worked for a bit but now they wont work. I can't afford to pay the estimate of what apple said it will cost. i wanted to know if anyone knew what the issue might be and ways to fix it.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 5:52 PM

Fr3akshOw Said:

"wifi greyed out on iphone 8 plus: It used to work perfectly fine, but randomly the wifi button became greyed out, i've tried alot of different things to fix it and it worked for a bit but now they wont work. I can't afford to pay the estimate of what apple said it will cost. i wanted to know if anyone knew what the issue might be and ways to fix it."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Greyed-Out:

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Update to: the latest version of iOS

As a Last Resort:

D. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 5:52 PM in response to Fr3akshOw

Fr3akshOw Said:

"wifi greyed out on iphone 8 plus: It used to work perfectly fine, but randomly the wifi button became greyed out, i've tried alot of different things to fix it and it worked for a bit but now they wont work. I can't afford to pay the estimate of what apple said it will cost. i wanted to know if anyone knew what the issue might be and ways to fix it."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Greyed-Out:

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Update to: the latest version of iOS

As a Last Resort:

D. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

wifi greyed out on iphone 8 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.