Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 6 Apps Do Not Load After Recent Update

My iPhone 6 updated last week while I had to troubleshoot my Mac Monterey laptop. Once I got the update to install, I noticed today that I could not use an app I use frequently. After the iPhone was powered up for a while I noticed a group of apps were not loading. The ones that are taking the longest to load are Google's, even with the phone charging. Could the problem be the recent update? That update required a reset.

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 6:51 PM

tightpurchaser Said:

"iPhone 6 Apps Do Not Load After Recent Update: My iPhone 6 updated last week while I had to troubleshoot my Mac Monterey laptop. Once I got the update to install, I noticed today that I could not use an app I use frequently. After the iPhone was powered up for a while I noticed a group of apps were not loading. The ones that are taking the longest to load are Google's, even with the phone charging. Could the problem be the recent update? That update required a reset."

-------

Troubleshooting an App after an Update Install:

Incompatibility is the Culprit:

Many apps are incompatible with older iOS versions. So, uninstall these apps, and then redownload them. If they are no longer an option fro your iOS version, then take this as a good reason to upgrade to a newer iPhone model.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 6:51 PM in response to tightpurchaser

tightpurchaser Said:

"iPhone 6 Apps Do Not Load After Recent Update: My iPhone 6 updated last week while I had to troubleshoot my Mac Monterey laptop. Once I got the update to install, I noticed today that I could not use an app I use frequently. After the iPhone was powered up for a while I noticed a group of apps were not loading. The ones that are taking the longest to load are Google's, even with the phone charging. Could the problem be the recent update? That update required a reset."

-------

Troubleshooting an App after an Update Install:

Incompatibility is the Culprit:

Many apps are incompatible with older iOS versions. So, uninstall these apps, and then redownload them. If they are no longer an option fro your iOS version, then take this as a good reason to upgrade to a newer iPhone model.

Aug 7, 2023 10:04 AM in response to tightpurchaser

tightpurchaser Said:

"iPhone 6 Apps Do Not Load After Recent Update: Other than update my account information under Apple ID, I started out trying to uninstall those apps as you suggested. Then, they installed fully. There were no updates for any apps; but they work as before. Thanks.

———-

You are welcome!

Excellent job troubleshooting!

iPhone 6 Apps Do Not Load After Recent Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.