Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

apple id account active but can't log into iCloud using same apple id

Hi there, I have several apple ids for work, personal etc. I have one appleid that I no longer need or use. I want to delete it permanently. The problem is that the gmail account used for this unwanted appleid log in has already been deleted. Not good but the fact. I can still log in to this appleid account but I cannot log into web iCloud using my MacBP. It says this appleid doesn't exist. Is there a way to log in?

What I want to do is see if there is anything left to backup/retain in terms of data etc. I already went to the delete my account page via privacy.apple.com and generated a request for all my data from this unwanted appleid. I was hoping I would have the chance to input a recovery or other email address that was also associated with this appleid so I could actually get the data. Well it didn't let me and the apple data retrieval is sending it all to my defunct gmail (also the appleid's) address.

They say the data dump for this unwanted appleid can take up to 7 days.

Is there any way to get to it's iCloud?

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 6:17 PM

You can recover gmail account https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6236295?sjid=9270101673651656821-AP

The mail address say example1@gmail.com was used as an Apple ID and signed in Mac , if it's not erased from iCloud server , but deleted from gmail server .

If the account is permanently erased from gmail server it can't be recovered https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en

It will show inactive in internet accounts .

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 6:17 PM in response to wineflight

You can recover gmail account https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6236295?sjid=9270101673651656821-AP

The mail address say example1@gmail.com was used as an Apple ID and signed in Mac , if it's not erased from iCloud server , but deleted from gmail server .

If the account is permanently erased from gmail server it can't be recovered https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en

It will show inactive in internet accounts .

Aug 7, 2023 7:06 AM in response to wineflight

This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues. ➞ Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

I can still log in to this appleid account but I cannot log into web iCloud using my MacBP.

How are you logging in the first time? Can you get access to the data from wherever you're logging in from?

Aug 7, 2023 6:28 PM in response to tygb

An additional answer , please read it .

The Apple ID created with gmail account say example1@gmail.com was permanently deleted from the gmail server , and if the account was set up with secondary authentication , the administrator can’t sign with iCloud account.

Sign in with rescue mail address in gmail account ( enter the password ) , click on personal info .

Click on edit , and try to add a new trusted number .

And can't further move , the bell icon will shake and stop and if you click on send the code that will go to the old trusted number that is inactive .

Click on more ways to verify , it again prompted to enter rescue mail address and password , Scroll down and click on account recovery icon , then add a new trusted number and click on next , the trusted number will add , the trick was using the rescue mail address that was attached to the primary mail address .

Aug 11, 2023 10:56 AM in response to tygb

Thanks tygb. Unfortunately my deleted gmail account is unrecoverable. I can't get past the account recovery input screen with that deleted email address. It says can't be found. If I put in what I believe is the rescue email address (turns out it isn't) flow proceeds to try and recover that valid/good/active email address and that mucks with that current active gmail account. Have to then set up a new password for that email address.

Again thanks. I was just trying to clean up my digital footprint of a no longer used AppleID. I don't seem to be "missing any data" so I guess I'll just let it go.

apple id account active but can't log into iCloud using same apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.