How do you backup music

I have over 100gb of music on phone, but doesn’t seem to be included in iCloud backup

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 12:33 PM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2023 3:26 PM in response to Rldo

Rldo Said:

"How do you backup music: I have over 100gb of music on phone, but doesn’t seem to be included in iCloud backup"

-------

Is this Home Music? Or is this music from the iTunes Store?

Downloading All of Apple Music in One Click:

You Can't. You'd have to download it all, and then export it to the the External Drive. Being in relevance, see my user Tip: Moving the Music library to a New Apple ID on Pre-Ventura - Apple Support

So, recommend this to Apple:

Do your Part: What you are reporting is commonly mentioned on these forums. Thing is, it's just not an option. So, do your part and provide apple feedback, informing them of this. Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what secs to include in versions to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple Music - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option, and why. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Aug 7, 2023 4:16 PM in response to Rldo

Rldo Said:

"How do you backup music: That’s what I was concerned about. This is all my music that I’ve saved to my iPhone."

-------

For future reference...

Finding Specific Filetypes from iCloud:

To search for specific filetypes in iCloud (i.e. mp3 Files), you would perform the following...

How this Works:

You would...

1. Plug in: the External Hard Drive to a Mac.
  2. Download: all of iCloud to the External Hard Drive (using my user tip)
  3. Create: a folder on the External Hard Drive
  4. Search: for the images by filetype (enter the extension in the top-right corner of the Finder window).
  5. Drag & Drop: all of these found item to the folder (in step two)
  6. Move: the rest of the download to the Trash
  7. Delete: the files from the Trash
  8. Eject: the hard drive in a Finder window.

How do you backup music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.