Document And Desktop Not Opening

The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Desktop” can’t be found.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 11:32 PM

6 replies

Aug 27, 2023 4:19 PM in response to AiriCalderon1612

We are still waiting to hear back from Sanket199,

If the advice I suggest does not help you Airi, please start your own topic thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/post/question?communityId=250000076020

If you have a suggest for Sanket, by all means offer it.

It is difficult to help more than one person at a time, unless the symtoms are exactly the same on the same equipment.

Aug 8, 2023 5:48 AM in response to sanket199

So is the problem still present?

If it is, make sure that the storage allotment in your iCloud drive is sufficient to cover the content of those folders.

Make sure your upstream bandwidth is allowed sufficient time to initiate updates.

Typical cable internet internet connection only has 7 Mbps upstream bandwidth. This is less than 1 Megabyte per second, as each byte is 8 bits. Lowercase b in 7 Mbps indicates bits, versus 1 MB which indicates bytes. http://www.speedtest.net offers a rough estimate of both your upstream and downstream internet connection. Upstream is back up to the iCloud, where downstream is going down from iCloud. Additional things that can slow it down are other computers and devices on the same network. WiFi is even slower than ethernet. Your weakest link in the connection will affect all devices on the connection.

Aug 27, 2023 1:34 PM in response to a brody

hello. I have the same problem. A few days ago I unsynchronized the icloud drive and all my desktop folders and documents were deleted, the problem now is that, from that moment on, it no longer allows me to create a new folder and I get error 8072, that the desktop cannot be found. it happened also with Documents. I've already tried restarting the macbook, removing finder, safe mode, syncing icloud drive again, removing desktop and documents from the finder sidebar and adding them back. so far nothing has worked for me. Any idea what could be causing that? Thanks in advance :)

Document And Desktop Not Opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.