I forgot my I phone passcode

I can't remember my passcode in my I phone 13

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 12:48 AM

See these instructions, keeping in mind that if you don't have a backup all data will be lost on that device (except those that you eventually synced to iCloud):

If your device is running iOS 15.2/iPadOS 15.2 or later, AND if you have created a backup to iCloud, you don't need a computer:--> How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case (iOS/iPadOS earlier than 15.2), you need a computer. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends/relatives/neighbors or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider, then read these suggestions.

Given that to remove the existing passcode you must connect your device via USB to a computer (a Windows PC running the latest iTunes version, or a Mac, which can run iTunes or Finder, depending on the macOS installed on it), pay attention to the specific gestures that you need to perform while connecting your device to the computer.

These are the instructions to re-gain access to your iPhone/iPad:

If it is an iPhone:--> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If it is an iPad:--> If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Also, take a look at this support video about the same matter (for both iPhone and iPad):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8-zLG9ySQ

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 12:48 AM in response to edilbertoalbea

See these instructions, keeping in mind that if you don't have a backup all data will be lost on that device (except those that you eventually synced to iCloud):

If your device is running iOS 15.2/iPadOS 15.2 or later, AND if you have created a backup to iCloud, you don't need a computer:--> How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case (iOS/iPadOS earlier than 15.2), you need a computer. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends/relatives/neighbors or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider, then read these suggestions.

Given that to remove the existing passcode you must connect your device via USB to a computer (a Windows PC running the latest iTunes version, or a Mac, which can run iTunes or Finder, depending on the macOS installed on it), pay attention to the specific gestures that you need to perform while connecting your device to the computer.

These are the instructions to re-gain access to your iPhone/iPad:

If it is an iPhone:--> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If it is an iPad:--> If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Also, take a look at this support video about the same matter (for both iPhone and iPad):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8-zLG9ySQ

Regards

Giulio

Aug 8, 2023 12:47 AM in response to edilbertoalbea

If you've forgotten the passcode for your iPhone 13, you will need to follow some specific steps to regain access to your device. Keep in mind that these steps involve erasing all data on your device, so only proceed if you have a backup of your important information.

Here's what you can do to unlock your iPhone 13:

Option 1: Use Recovery Mode (Erase iPhone)

1. Connect your iPhone to a computer using a USB cable.

2. Open iTunes (on macOS Catalina or later, use Finder).

3. Force restart your iPhone:

- For iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, and finally, press and hold the Side button until the recovery mode screen appears.

- For iPhone 13 Pro Max: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, and finally, press and hold the Side button until the recovery mode screen appears.

4. In iTunes (or Finder), you should see a prompt to restore or update the iPhone. Choose "Restore."

5. Wait for the process to complete. This will erase all data on the device, including the forgotten passcode.

6. Once the process is done, you can set up the iPhone as new or restore from a backup.

Option 2: Use iCloud (Find My iPhone)

This method requires that you have previously enabled "Find My iPhone" on your device and have an iCloud account linked to it:

1. On a computer or another device, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.

2. Click on "Find iPhone."

3. Select your iPhone from the list of devices.

4. Click on "Erase iPhone." This will erase all data on the device, including the passcode.

5. Set up the iPhone as new or restore from a backup.

If neither of these options works for you or if you encounter any issues, it's recommended to contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store or authorized service provider for further assistance. Keep in mind that unlocking your device without the passcode is designed to be challenging to ensure the security of your data.

I forgot my I phone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.