Is it possible to delete multiple voice memos?

I have a MacBook Air using macOS and I want to delete multiple voice memos (I have around 200). Is it possible to delete multiple voice memos? I have done google searches and can't find an answer. Deleting multiple voice memos on an iPhone is easy the edit button allows you to select multiple memos but is doesn't allow this on my MacBook Air.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 3:26 AM

Last but not least, the Voice Memos are located in the com. apple. voicememos folder inside of ~/Library/Application Support . That's the Library folder inside of your macOS username. They would be in the Recordings folder inside.

You may be able to select them all and delete them from there.

14 replies

Aug 8, 2023 3:08 AM in response to peace254

When digging a bit deeper from the previous supplied link

Change settings in Voice Memos on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Change settings in Voice Memos on Mac

Use settings to set default options for using Voice Memos.

To change these settings in the Voice Memos app  on your Mac, choose Voice Memos > Settings.

Option

Description

Clear Deleted

Choose how long to keep recordings in the Recently Deleted folder. For example, if you choose After 7 Days, your recordings are available in the folder for 7 days. After that, Voice Memos removes them.

See Delete a recording.

Dec 9, 2023 4:04 AM in response to peace254

I just faced a version of this problem, and solved it, so I thought I'd share. I didn't see this solution in my searching for answers. I had dozens of memos and only wanted to keep a few.

I don't use icloud, but I do sync to my computer using an older iTunes, which works fine, so I can't speak for what newer versions of things do. Hopefully, some version of this still works for folks less Luddituously cautious.

1. Set up iTunes to include voice memos in music sync settings.
  2. Sync, so all the memos are in the computer and on the phone.
  3. in iTunes, right click a voice memo and choose to open its location in your computer.
  4. You'll see all your memos there. Copy out whatever you want to keep.
  5. In iTunes, Go to Playlists, Voice Memos, Select All, and Remove from Library.
  6. On the phone, delete the Voice Memos app using Settings, General, Storage (I have seen indications that it does a more complete delete than the tap and hold method, but either way, it doesn't hurt.)
  7. Go to the App Store and reinstall Voice Memos. (Make sure you choose the real one with the correct icon!)
  8. You can now sync as needed and the memos should stay gone.

Is it possible to delete multiple voice memos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.