pairing iphone to ipad

My iPhone and iPad were paired, but are not since IOS 16, when I try and pair them it says that my iPad is not supported

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 9:20 AM

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and an iPad or a Mac is not supported. 

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

And see the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 9:20 AM in response to Clarefranca

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and an iPad or a Mac is not supported. 

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

And see the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

pairing iphone to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.