Spilled coffee of iPad ,what should I do?

Spilled coffee into crack in ipad screen and it did something the the power button area and the screen and the device thinks I always has headphones on and since there has been damage to the power button I think it’s what’s causing the ipad to flicker and turn off but when it turns off I can see screen lines to it’s probably damage to the screen, any tips? Should I get it repaired or just get a new one (ipad air gen 3)

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 5:32 PM

Since you more than likely wouldn't have AppleCare+ on it at this point it more than likely would cost as much as purchasing a newer model.

You can check the pricing here: iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

In the US it's $379 without AppleCare and $49 with AppleCare+

Good Luck!

3 replies

Aug 8, 2023 5:42 PM in response to Joove

Also more info: The cracks on the iPad are big and are along the edge on the iPad and are holes if I’m being honest and are on the side of the power button and the coffee into into the iPad through there, I dried the coffee on the screen with a towel immediately and the coffee inside the holes with a q-tip and there was no liquid seen after but I did turn it on and it worked fine it was only on for a bit then I turned it off and didn’t use it until a while later where I found the left side of the power button jammed into the device making it seem as if it is being held down only on the left side on the button the right side is fine. Also the screen flickers and glitches/turnes off every now and then and the screen is really dark on one half and the other acts normally but the screen light is the only thing that turns off, if I were watching a video and the screen turned off I could still touch the pause button and skip buttons, also it seems like it thinks I have headphones it when I don’t. Any more tips for this more detailed description?

Spilled coffee of iPad ,what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.