Why isn't my webcam working on iPhone 13 and MacBook Pro despite meeting all requirements?

I have all the webcam continuity boxes ticked for it to work and it still doesnt work. Iphone 13 with 16.1 version and Macbook pro has Ventura latest version. Both logged into apple Id account and connected . Not working

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 9:57 PM

nategia wrote:

I have all the webcam continuity boxes ticked for it to work and it still doesnt work. Iphone 13 with 16.1 version and Macbook pro has Ventura latest version. Both logged into apple Id account and connected . Not working

Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth need to be on...

ref: Use Continuity to work across Apple devices - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 9:57 PM in response to nategia

nategia wrote:

Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth need to be on...

ref: Use Continuity to work across Apple devices - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5

Apr 22, 2024 7:10 PM in response to nategia

For Continuity to work, your iPhone and Mac are signed in with the same Apple ID, right?

Apparently there is another condition — The same Apple ID must be the ONLY Apple ID signed in on the Mac.

Continuity was working easily and beautifully for weeks in Zoom, and then it wouldn't.

At first I thought an update to Zoom or MacOS broke the feature, but here's what I found out…

Apple ID "A" was signed in on the iMac M1 (Sonoma) and the iPhone 15 (iOS 17.4.1). Continuity not working.

At the same time Apple ID "B" was signed in and running in the background.

The moment I signed out of Apple ID "B," continuity took off working like a champ again!

Why isn't my webcam working on iPhone 13 and MacBook Pro despite meeting all requirements?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.