Apple Watch

i can not connect my watch to my phone because it’s still connected to my old phone that I forgot the password to

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 7:38 PM

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else.

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see the 'Start a support request' section in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 7:38 PM in response to Kyliegbritt11

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else.

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see the 'Start a support request' section in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.