Rearranging iPhone Apps on Desktop Computer

Is there any way to use a desktop computer to rearrange my iPhone apps now that iTunes no longer has an apps option? Rearranging several pages of apps using my phone is tedious and time consuming.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2023 7:48 AM

I have a windows computer is this not available for windows PC

12 replies

Aug 8, 2023 9:13 PM in response to Cynsational411

1. Install iTunes: Make sure you have iTunes installed on your computer. You can download it from the Apple website if you haven't already.
  2. Connect Your iPhone: Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
  3. Open iTunes: Launch iTunes on your computer.
  4. Select Your Device: Click on the device icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes window to select your iPhone.
  5. Access App Management: In the left sidebar, you'll see a section called "Settings." Click on "Apps" under this section.
  6. Rearrange Apps: In the "Apps" section, you'll see a list of all the apps installed on your iPhone. You can click and drag the apps to rearrange their order. Clicking the "Apply" button will sync your changes to your iPhone.

Please note that since my information might be outdated, there could have been changes or improvements in how apps are managed and organized between iPhones and computers. You might want to check the latest information from Apple's official sources or support documentation for the most accurate and up-to-date instructions.

Additionally, starting with iOS 14, Apple introduced the App Library, which organizes your apps automatically. You can also create app folders directly on your iPhone to further organize your apps.

If you're trying to manage apps in a more advanced or granular way, you might want to explore third-party applications that offer enhanced app organization and management features.

Oct 21, 2023 1:45 PM in response to Cynsational411

If you have some sort of Mac:

• Install "Apple Configurator" on your Mac via the App Store
  • Connect your device to your Mac via USB cable
  • Double click on your device (Optional)
  • RIGHT CLICK on the image of your device (Pictured; I believe this is the step many are not aware of)
  • Select: Modify - Home Screen Layout. In the next screen you can drag and drop apps where you want them.

May 31, 2024 4:30 AM in response to Cynsational411

I have had iPhone since 2009, always had iTunes on Windows and I distinctly remember being able to do this. I've not done it for a few years and it looks to me like they've turned the feature off in iTunes, which is a real pain. Doing it manually, on the phone takes forever and it's STILL so stupidly glitchy dragging from one screen to another. In the case of dropping an app in to a folder, and the folder scoots all over the place like you're playing cat and mouse. It's frustrating, it's not fun, and I have apps all over the place now... I don't like the 'library' because I haven't arranged it. Apple have done it for me, meaning I can't remember where the app is to find it. I heavily use Spotlight search to find all my apps if I can't see it in front of me.

Time Apple made this far more easier to move around - you know, like Samsung and other Android phones.

Jun 20, 2024 8:13 AM in response to Moriah7474

Just a big warning with that option of using Apple Configurator. I just test it and yes you can arrange your icons but it removes all Widgets and also bring back automatically all app that you only kept in your library and not in your home screens.

Not super useful as it create more post work than just moving your icons directly on the phone.

I guess it really depend what's your intention.

Rearranging iPhone Apps on Desktop Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.