Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Exchange ActiveSync Sent e-mails not syncing correctly in Apple Mail on iPhone

We are using Exchange 2016 on our e-mail server and I am using ActiveSync in Apple Mail app to sync my e-mails to my iPhone 14. My inbox and sent items do indeed transfer to my iPhone. The problem I am having is that often when I search for an e-mail that I've sent (can be newer or older) from Outlook on my Windows PC, I cannot find it under sent e-mails on my iPhone, even though seemingly all of the other sent e-mails have synced just fine. Even if I go look for it manually, by scrolling and not using search bar, I don't have it. But, every time after about 5 minutes of me searching for the email, it then appears, so it appears to be a syncing issue.

I have tried resetting the phone, removed and re-added the account in question, and a bunch of other things. I want to use the ActiveSync feature so my e-mails get pushed when they arrive. The sent e-mails sync just fine on other devices.

What could be the issue? I would appreciate any help with this. Thank you.

iPhone 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 1:03 AM

If this is your personal device then you can update your device with the current iOS

Know how to...

If this is your corporate iPhone, it is important to reach out to the system administrator of your corporate. They will be able to assist you with any issues or concerns related to your device.

However, if it is your personal device, there are a few things to consider. Firstly, check if you have any profiles installed by your corporate, organization, enterprise, or school management. These profiles are typically used to manage certain settings or restrictions on your device.

If you do have a profile installed, and you no longer wish to keep it, you can follow the steps provided by Apple to remove configuration profiles on your iPhone. By doing so, you will eliminate the profile and its associated settings from your device. Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...

In case you need further guidance or encounter any difficulties during the process, it is recommended to contact the system administrator of the organization that provided the profile to you. They will be able to assist you in removing the profile or addressing any concerns you may have.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 1:03 AM in response to MostSurfaces

If this is your personal device then you can update your device with the current iOS

Know how to...

If this is your corporate iPhone, it is important to reach out to the system administrator of your corporate. They will be able to assist you with any issues or concerns related to your device.

However, if it is your personal device, there are a few things to consider. Firstly, check if you have any profiles installed by your corporate, organization, enterprise, or school management. These profiles are typically used to manage certain settings or restrictions on your device.

If you do have a profile installed, and you no longer wish to keep it, you can follow the steps provided by Apple to remove configuration profiles on your iPhone. By doing so, you will eliminate the profile and its associated settings from your device. Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...

In case you need further guidance or encounter any difficulties during the process, it is recommended to contact the system administrator of the organization that provided the profile to you. They will be able to assist you in removing the profile or addressing any concerns you may have.

Aug 10, 2023 12:03 AM in response to SravanKrA

It is my personal phone and there are no configuration profiles set up. I have checked and my iOS is up to date. I also happen to be the system administrator and I have tried everything I could find. Everything works fine 99% of the time, but occasionally when I search for an e-mail in the Apple Mail app, that I've sent from my Outlook on PC, it doesn't find it, and I cannot find it manually, until it appears after a while of searching (like it syncs it only after searching for it).

Exchange ActiveSync Sent e-mails not syncing correctly in Apple Mail on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.