Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

What’s the point of customizin the Focus on your iPhone when it only shows to others as just “Silenced”

It says that you can customize your Focus to silenced messages but it only shows “Silenced” instead of what you’ve customized the Focus name for…

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 5:10 AM

The customized name is for your convenience only since, you can set each focus differently. For example, I know that if I turn on my focus called, “Busy,” the only calls or notifications that come thru would be those from my husband or daughter. As you discovered, others will only see “Silenced.” That is how focus works. You can read more about Focus here:

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 5:10 AM in response to Sw33t.Candy420

The customized name is for your convenience only since, you can set each focus differently. For example, I know that if I turn on my focus called, “Busy,” the only calls or notifications that come thru would be those from my husband or daughter. As you discovered, others will only see “Silenced.” That is how focus works. You can read more about Focus here:

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

What’s the point of customizin the Focus on your iPhone when it only shows to others as just “Silenced”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.