Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

The cover on my Apple watch is loose and not making a connection

When I attempted to end my exercise route on my watch, I was unable to do it. I discovered the cover flap was loose and not making a connection. The watch still keeps time and I get email and notification alerts, but I when I touch the watch to get details nothing happens.

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 7:15 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by the "cover flap". Unless you have a case on the watch, there should be no flaps. Do you mean the back of the watch is coming loose? If so, that generally means that your battery is expanding. Stop using the watch. Turn it off and do not attempt to charge it. Make arrangements with Apple to have it evaluated:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 7:15 AM in response to franLCD

I'm not sure what you mean by the "cover flap". Unless you have a case on the watch, there should be no flaps. Do you mean the back of the watch is coming loose? If so, that generally means that your battery is expanding. Stop using the watch. Turn it off and do not attempt to charge it. Make arrangements with Apple to have it evaluated:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Aug 9, 2023 7:24 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks Idris. I am talking about the front of the watch. Maybe I should not have use the term cover, but rather the face of the watch that you touch to access all of the “apps”

this morning I started an exercise routine using the Fitness app on the watch, and when I went to end the routine, I notice nothing worked when I pressed on the watch. And then noticed that the front face of the watch was loose and obviously not making a connection

The cover on my Apple watch is loose and not making a connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.