Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

iCloud back up

I have deleted most of my pictures to provide storage space for back up but it appears to have had no effect. My phone has not backed up anything for six weeks and apple keeps trying to sell me more storage space. How do I access the cloud and presumably delete pictures from there to free up storage capacity

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 7:39 AM

This article tells you how to manage your iCloud storage --> Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support - including seeing how much storage you have and how to delete items stored in iCloud such as backups, photos, files, mail, messages and voice memos.

2 replies

Aug 9, 2023 7:55 AM in response to Locust1234

Locust1234 Said:

iCloud back up: I have deleted most of my pictures to provide storage space for back up but it appears to have had no effect. My phone has not backed up anything for six weeks and apple keeps trying to sell me more storage space. How do I access the cloud and presumably delete pictures from there to free up storage capacity

———-

Getting all Photos from iCloud:

One unique method...

Download All of iCloud to an External Drive:

One thought would be to download all of iCloud, and then search through it in Finder on a Mac. You would download it to an external drive, and then open the drive in Finder. Search through it using the search bar on the top-right corner of the Finder window. Enter various photo file type extensions to see what pops up. Once found, export it to another store service. Then, trash all of iCloud. Once trashed, upload from the hard drive. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

iCloud back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.