Where is clipboard located on the ipad?

How do i find messages posted to clipboard

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 10:44 AM

Where is clipboard on Ipad

21 replies

Mar 16, 2024 4:08 PM in response to Phil0124

Just to explain, in the android and windows operating systems you have a small clipboard history where it saves around 10 last copied items that you can access. It's very useful if you need to copy several things from one page to place on another. In Android you can even lock several to keep long term off it's something you use again and again, think an introduction. Then you have a clipboard icon at the top of your keyboard to look at them all and select. But you can still just hold on the screen to paste the last copied item like on ipad.

I just got my first apple product (an iPad) and came here to find the answer to this question. As someone who has always used Android I was looking all over 😅

Aug 9, 2023 8:44 AM in response to narves59

The iPad clipboard is merely a temporary location for text (or objects) that you “cut” or “copy”. When you “paste”, the last item copied to the clipboard is pasted to the chosen location.

The iOS/iPadOS clipboard is not of itself an accessible location or App - neither does it maintain any kind of history that can be reviewed or edited.

To copy to the clipboard, highlight the text passage, image or object; from the menu, select Copy.

Having copied the text or other item, you can simply “paste” to someplace else. To paste the current clipboard object, touch-and-hold with your finger to expose an action menu; from the menu, tap Paste.

Aug 9, 2023 7:53 AM in response to narves59

Not sure I understand what you are asking.

The clipboard is place where copied items or text reside temporarily.

You can't post messages to the clipboard. You can copy a Message to the clipboard and then paste it somewhere else.

Anything in the clipboard can then be pasted by using the "Paste" option in the tools bar on the onscreen keyboard..

There is no separate access to the clipboard and there can only be one item or text in it at a time.

Apr 16, 2024 7:20 AM in response to Erbrook

Erbrook wrote:

Where do I find my clipboard on my iPad

The iPad clipboard is merely a temporary location for text (or objects) that you “cut” or “copy”. When you “paste”, the last item copied to the clipboard is pasted to the chosen location.

The iOS/iPadOS clipboard is not of itself an accessible location or App - neither does it maintain any kind of history that can be reviewed or edited.

To copy to the clipboard, highlight the text passage, image or object; from the menu, select Copy.

Having copied the text or other item, you can simply “paste” to someplace else. To paste the current clipboard object, touch-and-hold with your finger to expose an action menu; from the menu, tap Paste.

Where is clipboard located on the ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.