Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How can I find out if someone has hacked my phone

I have no control over my phone. It’s like someone else has taken over. I can’t dail someone number, I can’t download something and it text messages to my friends and I can’t get into my main email

iPhone SE, 16

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 9:14 AM

Read this document if you think your Apple ID has been compromised. --> If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For iOS 15 or earlier, if you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts, click here --> See who has access to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS 16 or later see how Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe. How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

Use the information in this document to check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in --> Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Related materials:

Personal Safety User Guide

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

> open the Table of Contents and review the articles

A document with general information about security and your Apple ID --> Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security by clicking on this link --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 9:14 AM in response to Dallas517

Read this document if you think your Apple ID has been compromised. --> If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For iOS 15 or earlier, if you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts, click here --> See who has access to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS 16 or later see how Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe. How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

Use the information in this document to check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in --> Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Related materials:

Personal Safety User Guide

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

> open the Table of Contents and review the articles

A document with general information about security and your Apple ID --> Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security by clicking on this link --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Aug 9, 2023 10:05 AM in response to Dallas517

Dallas517 wrote:

I have no control over my phone. It’s like someone else has taken over. I can’t dail someone number, I can’t download something and it text messages to my friends and I can’t get into my main email

Unless you have jailbroken your phone or someone has had physical access to your unlocked phone or you are a high-profile journalist, politician, or activist whose data would be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to acquire, your phone has not been hacked.

It sounds as if you may have a hardware problem, possibly a failing touchscreen. Contact Apple to have your phone evaluated:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

How can I find out if someone has hacked my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.