Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Where do I take my trade-in for shipping back to Apple?

I bought a new MacBook Air. I’m trading in my previous one.

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 11:11 AM

If you setup a Trade In, you should receive shipping box and address label a couple of days after getting your Mac, to send the old one in. There should also be instructions in the Trade-In kit.

You don't need to include cables or accessories.

4 replies

Aug 9, 2023 11:52 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks! I got the box. The instructions related to preparing the laptop for trade-in. There was a gap, however, because it didn’t mention w we whether to take it to USPS, FedEx or UPS. In prior experience, a return shipping label was inside the box and it said which vendor to use. :)

I noticed UPS brought it and presumed that they would receive it back from me. This seems pretty simple, except in a text or email I thought I remembered seeing USPS mentioned which threw me a curve ball.

Aug 9, 2023 12:09 PM in response to hannahmanger

hannahmanger wrote:

Thanks! I got the box. The instructions related to preparing the laptop for trade-in. There was a gap, however, because it didn’t mention w we whether to take it to USPS, FedEx or UPS. In prior experience, a return shipping label was inside the box and it said which vendor to use. :)

I noticed UPS brought it and presumed that they would receive it back from me. This seems pretty simple, except in a text or email I thought I remembered seeing USPS mentioned which threw me a curve ball.

Look under the label addressed to you for the return label.

Where do I take my trade-in for shipping back to Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.