Anyone else having problems finding the Home Sharing Library in Apple Music on a MacBook Pro? No problem with Home Sharing from my iMac to my iPad and my iPhone, but can't find it on my MacBook Pro (MacOS Ventura)

Only having problems on my MacBook Pro, which in Music is only showing my original Music Library, not the recent additions through Home Sharing. I can't even see the "Library" listed in the sidebar of my Music menu.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 1:14 PM

The home Shared library should be visible in the Library dropdown on the side panel.

Home Sharing does not sync additions to all libraries. If you added something to a Home Shared Library, you can see it in the relevant library and then manually add it to the library of the device you are on.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 1:14 PM in response to AppleSueInHunterCreek

The home Shared library should be visible in the Library dropdown on the side panel.

Home Sharing does not sync additions to all libraries. If you added something to a Home Shared Library, you can see it in the relevant library and then manually add it to the library of the device you are on.

Aug 9, 2023 2:36 PM in response to Phil0124

Thank you SO much! I never realized that there was a drop-down on the Library option. Rather strange that the Home Sharing is "whited out", but YES there was my new (Home Sharing) library listed below it on the drop-down! And, whamo, my new Home Sharing albums were there!

Thank you again; I thought I had tried everything, but something so small was all it needed.

Best wishes, Sue

Anyone else having problems finding the Home Sharing Library in Apple Music on a MacBook Pro? No problem with Home Sharing from my iMac to my iPad and my iPhone, but can't find it on my MacBook Pro (MacOS Ventura)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.