No HDMI output when client connects Mac to Logitech Rally Bar Mini Room system

This system utilizes a Digitalinx HDMI-over-CAT cable TX/RX pair to send HDMI to the Rally Mini. With PCs the signal passes through just fine, but one of the client's employees uses a Mac and it will not output.

This seems like an HDCP conflict. I am not a Mac person, just an AV tech trying to solve a problem. Is there a setting we can suggest in the Mac, or a configuration in the system we can adjust to allow the video to pass through?

TIA

PS I have no idea what kind of Mac this is. I had to pick one to post the question.

MacBook (2017)

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 3:04 PM

3 replies

Aug 10, 2023 11:59 AM in response to PardoeTechnical

Hey PardoeTechnical,

We'll be happy to help with the connection trouble that you're running into. Just to confirm, are all cables that the device came with connected to the Mac? You mentioned that you do not know the Mac model. Here's how to determine that: Identify your MacBook model - Apple Support. If the Mac model you have does not come with a USB port you may need to look into getting an adapter similar to this: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple.

If all cables are attached without an issue, see if the concern still happens in safe mode. Safe mode can help tell us if the issue is possible login items. Be aware that internet access is limited in safe mode, but sometimes just starting in this mode and then restarting normally can resolve some issues: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

Keep us updated!

Mar 26, 2024 1:45 PM in response to PardoeTechnical

Hey,

I am an AV Tech as well and I run into this issue all the time. A couple things you can try here.... 1 is to see if you can access the settings of the Transmitter or Receiver that is passing the signal over cat5/6. If its crestron of extron you could use a usb cable or connect to it through the network. There are definitely HDCP settings you can turn off on those devices. The second option is to add an HDMI Splitter somewhere in that signal passage. Splitters do not care for hdcp.

No HDMI output when client connects Mac to Logitech Rally Bar Mini Room system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.