Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

When is ipad and iphone in the same apple id and sharing the same photos so where these photos will use a storage ? In ipad or iphone?

I wanna to make photos use iPhone storage not ipad

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 5:58 PM

Youssef_rabie Said:

"I just wannt have the same photos on the both devices but i want the photos use iphone storage not ipad one!"

-------

About Managing Photos:

A. Download is Manual:

What is downloaded on a device is on a device itself --you cannot use another devices local storage.

B. Deletion is Manual:

"alos,another question if i stop sync my ipad and I deleted a photo will it delete too in my iPhone?"

No. A deleted device's data will not delete on your iPhone.

C. Sync Photos Through iCloud:

If you want to access these photos, then be certain all is synced with iCloud.

Sign in to the same Apple ID on the Mac and on the iPhone, and then enable Photos in iCloud Settings on both. Being synced, as a result, Photos will be accessible between both both devices. Note that If you that thousands of file, it may take some time.

A. Enable Photos on iPhone and iPad:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Music (so that it is green)
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 5:58 PM in response to Youssef_rabie

Youssef_rabie Said:

"I just wannt have the same photos on the both devices but i want the photos use iphone storage not ipad one!"

-------

About Managing Photos:

A. Download is Manual:

What is downloaded on a device is on a device itself --you cannot use another devices local storage.

B. Deletion is Manual:

"alos,another question if i stop sync my ipad and I deleted a photo will it delete too in my iPhone?"

No. A deleted device's data will not delete on your iPhone.

C. Sync Photos Through iCloud:

If you want to access these photos, then be certain all is synced with iCloud.

Sign in to the same Apple ID on the Mac and on the iPhone, and then enable Photos in iCloud Settings on both. Being synced, as a result, Photos will be accessible between both both devices. Note that If you that thousands of file, it may take some time.

A. Enable Photos on iPhone and iPad:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Music (so that it is green)

Aug 9, 2023 5:35 PM in response to Youssef_rabie

"When is ipad and iphone in the same apple id and sharing the same photos so where these photos will use a storage ? In ipad or iPhone?: I wanna to make photos use iPhone storage not ipad"

-------

Downloading of Photos:

The photos are not going to download automatically. You need to download them on your own. So, just download them using the Photos app. Do so on just your iPhone and not on your iPad.

When is ipad and iphone in the same apple id and sharing the same photos so where these photos will use a storage ? In ipad or iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.