Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple unveils the new iMac with M4, supercharged by Apple Intelligence and available in fresh colors. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X El Capitan appearing on application

I just upgraded my Mac OS to Ventura and was looking through my application and saw that OS X EL Capitan is listed in my application. Does anyone know why I would still have it on my computer if I upgraded to Venture? When I try to delete it, a pop up state that it may cause problems because it is still used by other applications.

Also does anyone know what that circle next to OS X EL Capitan means?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 8:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 8:14 PM

Wyvernxa15 wrote:

I just upgraded my Mac OS to Ventura and was looking through my application and saw that OS X EL Capitan is listed in my application. Does anyone know why I would still have it on my computer if I upgraded to Venture? When I try to delete it, a pop up state that it may cause problems because it is still used by other applications.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f0169808-fd6b-41eb-9ec2-68adb407698d

You can delete it. It is an incomplete download from 2016 according to the screen shot you posted.

It is hardly anything there at 125KB.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2023 8:14 PM in response to Wyvernxa15

Wyvernxa15 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f0169808-fd6b-41eb-9ec2-68adb407698d

You can delete it. It is an incomplete download from 2016 according to the screen shot you posted.

It is hardly anything there at 125KB.

OS X El Capitan appearing on application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.