Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy without a guardian Apple device.

Hello! How do i turn off "ask to buy" for my daughter if I don't have an apple device for myself?

I mean, I bought the first apple device of the family for my daughter and I cant seem to find any resource to manage her Iphone via web interface. I don't have any other apple device at hand to turn ask to buy off.

Thanks!

iPhone 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 8:14 PM

To manage family sharing and parental controls you must use Apple hardware as indicated in Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support. You had to have done that when setting it up so use the same equipment.

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 9, 2023 8:27 PM in response to Limnos

Got it!

I found the approve in person message once they send the "ask to buy" notification

Another workaround I found to turn it on and off is just remove the child apple id from the phone, then add the guardian id, configure Ask to Buy and screen limits as desired, then remove the Guardian apple ID to finally add the child apple ID again.

So far so good.

Cheers!

Ask to buy without a guardian Apple device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.