Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off ask to buy

how do I turn off ask to buy for a child in my family. I accidentally left it on when I set up her account but there is no reason for me to ask to buy myself when I have to enter the password for my 4 year old already. Everywhere I look it says there should be a slider to turn on and off but there isn’t at all. I can see it’s turned on for her account and off for her 3 siblings on her iPad (we got her an older iPad mini that only updates to iOS 9.3.5) but I can’t see that at all on my account on my phone. Is this just a issue with the current update iOS 13.3 or is there somewhere else I can go to change this setting

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 1:34 PM

Are you following the steps in this article?

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy

Try signing her device out of iCloud and then back in to see if you get the option to turn it off.

5 replies

Dec 29, 2019 2:13 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for the reply. I tried finding sign out option earlier and couldn’t, and thought I read that they couldn’t sign out if they were under x age. I just found the sign out option now. Signed her out, then me in and changed the setting. Logged me back out and her back in and it’s off now. It’s still frustrating that I had to do it like that vs just being able to do it on my own device

Dec 30, 2019 11:13 PM in response to gindy39

I personally signed my daughter out, myself in and changed the setting, then logged me out and her back in. That only worked for me only because it’s an older version of a iPad mini that can only update to iOS 9.3.5 and apparently the update currently doesn’t have the toggle that appears. So it depends what update they have on their iPad. Never hurts to try.

Turn off ask to buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.