Is it possible to make multiple orientation edits in an iPhone video?

For reasons that are now lost on me I rotated my camera multiple times while recording a song at a concert. I'm trying to learn if there's any way to fix my errors.

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 8:59 AM

It is difficult to smooth out a project that has multiple horizontal and vertical clips. To make a vertical video fit iMovie's horizontal screen you would need to do some cropping.

Using the crop tool, you could Crop to Fill the vertical video so that it fits the horizontal screen. This would mean losing some display area, however.

You could overlay the video of the band onto a photo background that fits the screen. You would use Picture in Picture for this.

You can so some experimenting to see what adjustments can be made to accomplish a pleasing presentation. It may not hurt to have some mixed in vertical clips. Possibly you could use the Ken Burns effect to create an artistic look.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 8:59 AM in response to Jonathan Hilbun

It is difficult to smooth out a project that has multiple horizontal and vertical clips. To make a vertical video fit iMovie's horizontal screen you would need to do some cropping.

Using the crop tool, you could Crop to Fill the vertical video so that it fits the horizontal screen. This would mean losing some display area, however.

You could overlay the video of the band onto a photo background that fits the screen. You would use Picture in Picture for this.

You can so some experimenting to see what adjustments can be made to accomplish a pleasing presentation. It may not hurt to have some mixed in vertical clips. Possibly you could use the Ken Burns effect to create an artistic look.

-- Rich

Is it possible to make multiple orientation edits in an iPhone video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.