iPhone 11 Face ID stopped working with new IOS update

Face ID stopped working with new IOS 16.6 update from today. I’ve tried restarting my iPhone and followed other steps, but it doesn’t work. Seems the last resort is to back up and reset iPhone completely

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 9:22 PM

@Mlicairac I had the same issue when I updated my iPhone 12 and it disabled my Face ID and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. So eventually I went to my settings and reset my Face ID and now I have no more issues, no need to reset the device just go to the settings and select Face ID n passcode I'm attaching a link..https://www.icloud.com/notes/02fmkmdTvk3GM8P4UXe0PjmKg#Apple_Settings

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 9:22 PM in response to mlicairac

@Mlicairac I had the same issue when I updated my iPhone 12 and it disabled my Face ID and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. So eventually I went to my settings and reset my Face ID and now I have no more issues, no need to reset the device just go to the settings and select Face ID n passcode I'm attaching a link..https://www.icloud.com/notes/02fmkmdTvk3GM8P4UXe0PjmKg#Apple_Settings

Aug 9, 2023 8:46 PM in response to mlicairac

Hello,

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice or an issue with the TrueDepth camera. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple.

Aug 9, 2023 8:51 PM in response to mlicairac

mlicairac Said:

"iPhone 11 Face ID stopped working with new IOS update: Face ID stopped working with new IOS 16.6 update from today. I’ve tried restarting my iPhone and followed other steps, but it doesn’t work. Seems the last resort is to back up and reset iPhone completely"

-------

Troubleshooting Face ID After Update:

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

iPhone 11 Face ID stopped working with new IOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.