Mainstage 3.6.4 can't record audio

When record on mainstage, it only generates a 4 kb file every single time no matter how long I record it.

I tried setting aiff, wavs and another one and still can't make up this situation

On another MacBook Pro of mine, its working well.

Mainstage version is 3.6.4

hope someone can help me with it. thanks!!!

MacBook Pro 2018 intel corei5 16GB

McOS Ventura13.4

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 1:56 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 10, 2023 2:01 AM in response to Annieislovereal

Experiencing issues with recording audio in MainStage can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Check Audio Settings:

Make sure that your audio input device is properly selected in MainStage. Go to MainStage's Preferences > Audio and check if the correct audio input device is selected. Also, ensure that the input levels are set appropriately.

2. Audio Input Permissions:

Check if MainStage has the necessary microphone permissions. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Microphone, and make sure MainStage is allowed to access the microphone.

3. Project Sample Rate:

Confirm that the project's sample rate in MainStage matches the sample rate of your audio interface. Mismatched sample rates can lead to recording issues.

4. Audio File Format:

While you mentioned you tried different formats (AIFF, WAV), ensure you are using a common, supported format. AIFF and WAV are generally good choices. Avoid using obscure or less common formats.

5. Buffer Size:

Experiment with different buffer sizes in MainStage's Preferences > Audio > I/O Buffer Size. Larger buffer sizes might help with recording stability but may introduce more latency.

6. Software Compatibility:

Make sure your version of MainStage is fully compatible with your macOS version (Ventura 13.4). If there's any doubt, check Apple's official compatibility information or consider updating MainStage if an update is available.

7. Reset Audio MIDI Setup:

Sometimes, issues can be resolved by resetting your Audio MIDI Setup. Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup, and in the Audio Devices window, choose Window > Show Audio Window. Then, select your audio device and use the "Configure Speakers" button to reset settings.

8. Create a New Project:

Try creating a new project in MainStage and see if the issue persists. Sometimes, projects can become corrupted, leading to unexpected behavior.

9. Reinstall MainStage:

If none of the above steps work, consider reinstalling MainStage. Make sure to backup your projects and settings before doing so.

10. Contact Apple Support:

If the problem continues, reaching out to Apple Support might be a good option. They can provide more specific assistance and guidance for your specific setup.

Remember that troubleshooting technical issues can vary based on your specific hardware and software configuration. It might be helpful to compare your non-working MacBook Pro's settings with your working one to see if there are any discrepancies.

Mainstage 3.6.4 can't record audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.