Apple cellular watch - Iphone - Ireland

I live in the UK. My 11 year old son lives in Dublin, Ireland. For his birthday I bought him the latest Apple cellular watch (SE). He now has an Iphone 13.

I want him to be able to use the watch's cellular functions without the need for him to carry his phone.

How do I set this up?

Do I need a specific monthly plan?

Which providers (3, O2, Vodafone etc.) provide this service?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 6:43 AM

when one attempt to purchase an apple watch on the irish online store Buy Apple Watch Series 8 GPS, 45mm Midnight Aluminium Case with Starlight Solo Loop - Size 2 - Apple (IE)

it does not offer the option of choosing cellular, which would likely indicate that no carriers in ireland support it

also if you purchased the watch in usa, canada or mexico then their esim system is not compatible with the rest of the world.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 6:43 AM in response to Shooey79

when one attempt to purchase an apple watch on the irish online store Buy Apple Watch Series 8 GPS, 45mm Midnight Aluminium Case with Starlight Solo Loop - Size 2 - Apple (IE)

it does not offer the option of choosing cellular, which would likely indicate that no carriers in ireland support it

also if you purchased the watch in usa, canada or mexico then their esim system is not compatible with the rest of the world.

Apple cellular watch - Iphone - Ireland

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.