Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

installing OS X

when I attempt to install a new copy of OS X, once I have entered my iCloud and iCloud password it tells me that the item is temporarily unavailable and this has been happening since June when I first reset my iMac.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 9:01 PM

Hi there!

Try to reinstall macOS from internet recovery:

1. Press the power button on your Mac to turn it on, then release the power button and immediately press and hold the Option key, Command (⌘) key, and R key until you see a spinning globe. If you can't start up from Recovery in this way, review the guidelines for using startup-key combinations.
  2. If you're asked to select a user you know the password for, select the user, click Next, then enter their administrator password. 

When you see a window with the option to reinstall macOS, your Mac has started up from Recovery.

1. Select the option to reinstall macOS.
  2. Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.

-Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 9:01 PM in response to zainabkamranx

Hi there!

Try to reinstall macOS from internet recovery:

1. Press the power button on your Mac to turn it on, then release the power button and immediately press and hold the Option key, Command (⌘) key, and R key until you see a spinning globe. If you can't start up from Recovery in this way, review the guidelines for using startup-key combinations.
  2. If you're asked to select a user you know the password for, select the user, click Next, then enter their administrator password. 

When you see a window with the option to reinstall macOS, your Mac has started up from Recovery.

1. Select the option to reinstall macOS.
  2. Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.

-Jack

installing OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.