installing OS X

when I attempt to install a new copy of OS X, once I have entered my iCloud and iCloud password it tells me that the item is temporarily unavailable and this has been happening since June when I first reset my iMac.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 9:01 PM

Hi there!

Try to reinstall macOS from internet recovery:

1. Press the power button on your Mac to turn it on, then release the power button and immediately press and hold the Option key, Command (⌘) key, and R key until you see a spinning globe. If you can't start up from Recovery in this way, review the guidelines for using startup-key combinations.
  2. If you're asked to select a user you know the password for, select the user, click Next, then enter their administrator password. 

When you see a window with the option to reinstall macOS, your Mac has started up from Recovery.

1. Select the option to reinstall macOS.
  2. Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.

-Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 9:01 PM in response to zainabkamranx

Hi there!

Try to reinstall macOS from internet recovery:

1. Press the power button on your Mac to turn it on, then release the power button and immediately press and hold the Option key, Command (⌘) key, and R key until you see a spinning globe. If you can't start up from Recovery in this way, review the guidelines for using startup-key combinations.
  2. If you're asked to select a user you know the password for, select the user, click Next, then enter their administrator password. 

When you see a window with the option to reinstall macOS, your Mac has started up from Recovery.

1. Select the option to reinstall macOS.
  2. Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.

-Jack

installing OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.